By N. Mottahedeh
This edited quantity of particularly commissioned essays written for the anniversary of `Abdu'l-Baha's trip to the United States tells the tale of this former prisoner's interactions with the white top echelon of yank society in addition to his impression at the lives and writings of significant early figures within the African-American civil rights circulate.
Read Online or Download ‘Abdu’l-Bahá’s Journey West: The Course of Human Solidarity PDF
Similar other religions books
If God exists, the place will we locate enough proof for God's lifestyles? during this e-book, Paul Moser bargains a brand new standpoint at the proof for God that facilities on a morally strong model of theism that's cognitively resilient. The ensuing proof for God isn't speculative, summary, or informal. quite, it's morally and existentially demanding to people, as they themselves responsively and willingly turn into proof of God's truth in receiving and reflecting God's ethical personality for others.
The papers awarded during this quantity characterize a large choice of Indian diasporic studies. From indenture labour to the current day immigrations, Indian diasporic narrative deals possibilities to judge afresh notions of ethnicity, race, caste, gender and spiritual range.
This e-book discusses ethical panics that seemed within the media in overdue apartheid South Africa: the Satanism scare and the so-called epidemic of white kin homicide. The research of those indicators of social and political switch unearths vital truths approximately whiteness, gender, violence, background, nationalism and injustice in South Africa and past.
- Tongnaab: The History of a West African God
- Discovering The Mysteries Of Ancient America Lost History And Legends, Unearthed And Explored
- 2000 Years and Beyond: Faith, Identity and the Common Era (2002)
- African American Literacies
Extra resources for ‘Abdu’l-Bahá’s Journey West: The Course of Human Solidarity
24. Kling, Alice Pike Barney, 185. 25. Afroukhteh, Memories, 316. 26. Kling, Alice Pike Barney, 169. 27. Afroukhteh, Memories, 314. 28. Laura Barney letter to her mother, dated July 4, from Tehran, Iran, from Laura Clifford Dreyfus-Barney Collection at the National Bahá’í Archives of the United States, Evanston, IL, United States. Also Usku’i, Tarikh Adharbayjan—Mss A, Part 1, Section 4, 85–86. Hippolyte Dreyfus adopted the last name of Dreyfus-Barney after her marriage to Laura Barney. The two names will be used interchangeably.
Thonon-les-Bains and Geneva The first place `Abdu’l-Bahá visited in Europe was a small city situated on Lake Geneva (Lac Leman) in France called Thonon-les-Bains. ”66 This was `Abdu’l-Bahá’s first time outside the Middle East and on the European continent. 67 Thompson had visited `Abdu’l-Bahá in Acre in 1909 and had moved to Paris to study the arts. She had heard about the Bahá’í Faith from Laura Barney in the United States. 69 `Abdu’l-Bahá also traveled to Geneva. 72 During this trip and in Thonon-les-Bains, `Abdu’l-Bahá had an entourage of four Persian men who traveled with him.
111. Afroukhteh, Memories, 344. 112. Parsons, `Abdu’l-Bahá in America, 61. 113. Kling, Alice Pike Barney, 234–35. This home was perhaps Neighborhood House, a charity that Alice Barney had selected to support that would provide a model for the development of cultural awareness among blue-collar workers. In 1933, the House was renamed Barney Neighborhood House. 114. Kling, Alice Pike Barney, 234–35. 115. Parsons, `Abdu’l-Bahá in America, 65. 116. Ahmad Sohrab, “With `Abdu’l-Bahá’ in London,” Star of the West, vol.
- Download Principles of Statistical Mechanics by Amnon Katz PDF
- Download Eyelid, conjunctival, and orbital tumors : atlas and by Dr. Jerry A. Shields, Dr. Carol L. Shields PDF